Easy Link Building Strategies: For Increasing Search Engine Ranking
To have a good ranking in the search engines you need to build lots of backlinks to your website. Let’s take a look at some of the ways that you can build links.
1. If you have links already existing on other websites you may want to contact them and ask if they could change the link slightly. A link with an anchor text containing relevant keywords is much better than a link that just says ‘click here’.
2. Always monitor your sites 404 statistics and keep track of any links that are old or even misspelled and going to the wrong URL. A backlink is no good if it isn’t pointing to the right link.
3. On your website have a “link to us” link. Include the information you would like used for your links such as anchor text and URL. You can even offer to do a link exchange and have a contact box so website owners can leave their details.
4. Check for any errors using a spell and grammar checker. Users will notice any errors that you have in your links, content, and pages.
5. Always keep an eye out for other sites that mention your website or even use some of your website content. If they include a link back to your site that is fine but if they don’t then contact them and ask them to include a link to your website.
6. Post comments on other blogs that relate to your niche and put your link either in the box provided or within your comment. Always post good comments that are relevant to the blog post.
7. Always use tags, particularly header tags, on your website that include your relevant keywords. Anchor text and image text also increases search engine rankings.
8. Use a sitemap on your website that links all the pages to the sitemap page. If your site is created using WordPress there are plugins that can create a sitemap for you. This makes it easier for the search engines to spider your website.
9. Link your site to other websites that have content that is relevant to your site. Always link to the important pages within the site.
10. Link to websites that have high search engine rankings as these can help drive traffic back to your site.
11. Study your competitors and see what sites they are using to get backlinks and add your website links to the same sites.
12. If you have good feedback from your clients then add those comments to your site. This will add trust and interest of future clients.
13. Create an ebook about your niche and offer it as a free gift for people to sign up to your newsletter or mailing list.
14. If you consider yourself an expert in your field then teach on an online seminar about your topic. Post announcements of the seminar on your website and other sites around the internet.
15. Use Google Adwords to help build up your customer base.
16. Find an affiliate product that relates to your niche and add links to it to your website.
17. Choose a charity and add a ‘donate to charity’ link to your site. Have a description of the charity and how you will donate the proceeds that you receive.
18. Submit your website URL to social media sites that have quality products and services offered on their sites.
Use of the above strategies will increase your traffic and also increase your profits. A successful, profitable website takes work and time but if you are willing to put in that effort then your website will soon be one of the best.