Transcription jobs have been the absolute most popular work-at-home jobs for an extremely long time now. Transcription services are made to offer excellent results at a quick turnaround and competitive prices. Therefore, If you would like to become a transcriptionist, you’re going to be asked to take a transcription test before registering to be on the company’s database.
Although transcription can a difficult job, you can become great at If you’re a great typist. I encourage you to check out this Free General Transcription Mini-Course and General Transcription: Theory & Practice. Transcription may be the most suitable work-at-home job for anyone desiring to achieve a flexible work-life balance. Transcription rates vary from company to company based on the size of the services, skills, time and duration of the undertaking. When you know which companies work for you, you can concentrate your efforts a little more.
Below is a list of transcription companies that hires remote workers, some may only hire in their country and they are others that hire internationally to work from home.
Entry Level Transcription Companies: General Transcription
1. Aberdeen: Currently hiring remote transcribers and captioners. People who are bilingual in both English and Spanish, or have any other foreign language fluency are especially encouraged to apply. Candidates must be computer savvy, have strong Internet research skills, and can type 45 words per minute. Files are most often video or live programming. Pay starts at $12 – $15 an hour
2. GoTranscript: Open worldwide. No experience needed, just a computer and internet connection. Website claims most transcribers here only make $150 per month, so this would definitely pay on the lower end and should just be considered extra money.
3. AccuTran Global: This company only hires US nationals and prefers for individuals to have experience, but will hire newbies if skills test is passed. Pay is per word and ranges from a starting base rate of $0.005/word for a beginner on basic audio, to their top rate of $0.0066 for difficult and/or foreign audio done by senior transcribers.
4. Appen: Appen is best known for offering search engine evaluation work, but you can offer your service to transcribe for them, too. No experience needed to apply. This is a part time job. You can work up to 20 hours a week, and you’re expected to work 1-4 hours a day, 5-7 days a week. The actual time of day you choose to put your hours is flexible
5. Ubiqus: Hires for all types of transcription. At Ubiqus, 1-5 years of relevant experience or current transcription student status is required. Must have experience with Microsoft Word and adhere to strict deadlines. The company will consider beginners. Must type at least 70 wpm at an acceptable standard. Average pay is at least $16 an hour.
6. BAM! Transcription: This company will hire beginners if an examination skills test is passed. The app is not on their site, so you’ll have to contact them via their contact form to get info on applying.
7. Casting Words: Beginners OK. Only $1 is needed to request a payout.Working as a transcriber with Casting Words is as simple as this: sign up for free, work and get paid. When you log on the site, you can view available work. Pick a job and work on it if you like the job. You can work online or off as you prefer. After completing the work, submit it for review. If your work is approved you will get paid for it.
8. Crowdsurf: May be open worldwide, but you must be fluent in English. CrowdSurf offers transcription and captioning HITs on Work Market. You must have a Work Market account to work on their transcription/captioning tasks. Rate per audio hour is not known, but salary reports on Glassdoor indicate some transcribers average $6 to $7 hourly.
9. Daily Transcription: You must reside in the U.S., Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, or South Africa and speak and write native “American English. Although they they prefer hiring residents of the U.S. or Canada, however, they will gladly consider candidates outside the United States and Canada who are proficient in a second language. Specializes in entertainment, corporate, and legal transcription. They claim their top transcriptionist makes between $250 and $950 weekly. Glassdoor indicates some transcribers are averaging between $10 and $11 hourly here.
10. Genius: Not always open. Lyrics transcribers usually needed. Doesn’t specifically say under qualifications that you need transcription experience. They do prefer that you are fluent in a foreign language.
11. GMR Transcription: (Worldwide) Their website indicates that transcriptionists/translators typically earn between $1,000 to $3,000 per month, but mostly hires US and Canada. Entry level OK.
12. National Capitol Contracting: Entry level is okay at NCC but experience is preferable. Pays $40 an audio hour. See listed qualification preferred, but not necessary.
13. Pactera: Frequently has remote transcription tasks available. Experience is not required, but you must test, train, and follow the guidelines.
14. Quicktate: No experience needed. Must take a test before being hired. Hires in US & other countries.
15. Rev: (Hires Worldwide) Accepts beginners. Also offers freelance work.
- Transcriptionist: Converting spoken English audio into a written document.
- Captioner: Transcribe spoken English and add captions to video.
- Subtitler: Translate spoken words on screen and add subtitles to video.
- Translator: Translation for purposes other than video subtitles.
If you’re not familiar with online transcription and translation services, it’s a simple process. Clients upload audio and video files to Rev, and then those files are sent to you for transcribing or translating.
16. Scribie: (Hires Worldwide) No experience needed. Must take test. Waiting list and very low pay.
17. SpeechPad: Beginners may apply here. You only a computer and internet connection to start. Pay is twice weekly, no minimum.
18. Telenotes – Appears to consider people without experience. However, it is required that you come into their office for interviews, etc. prior to being hired, so you must live in Utah.
19. Tigerfish: In order to transcribe for Tigerfish, you must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident. You will need high-speed Internet access (no dial-up), a telephone number where you regularly can be reached, and you must take test.
20. T ‘n T Transcriptions & Translations: Entry level OK. Must pass skills test first.
21. TranscribeMe: (Global) This is another company that’s open to hiring beginners. Pays via Paypal. No experience is needed and hires internationally.
22. Transcript Divas: They will consider beginners. The company receives many applications per week, but if they interested, they will contact you for a phone interview.
23. Transcription Express: This Arizona-based company may consider beginners. US only. Set your own hours and work when you want.
24. Transcription For Everyone: Must have strong computer, grammar, and research skills. Transcription for Ever: Comprised of American, Canadian, and British transcriptionists, Transcription for Everyone has a proven accuracy rating over 99.95% and provides a quality and service guarantee with every project completed. All transcribers are university educated and provide a full audio review of every file they transcribe.
25. Transcription Hub: (Global) No experience level listed, but it does say you will be evaluated prior to getting accepted here. You’re allowed to work whenever you want and at anytime you want.
26. TranscriptionWing: Appears to be open to beginners, although you do have to indicate on the application form if you’ve ever done transcription work in the past.
27. Verbal Ink: Occasionally hiring for general transcription. They hire US-based transcribers only and do prefer experience, but you can still get in if you do well on their test.
28. 3 Play Media: Occasionally has openings for work from home transcript editor. This is not technically transcription, but rather editing transcription already done.
29. Verbit: Verbit hires internationally and is a little different in terms of style of work.On this site, you will find documents that have already been transcribed that have been automatically assigned to the website. It is the transcriber’s job to proofread and edit the document to ensure that it is accurate.Their sign-up process is very easy and you can start working right away. They pay transcribers $0.30 per audio minute. The payments are done every two weeks through PayPal. The complaint about this site seems to be the quality of the audio files. Sometimes jobs are terribly scarce.
30. MSS Cape Town: (Global) This transcription company is based in Cape Town, South Africa but offers services to clients on a global level. The company offers a comprehensive list of language solutions and services to companies of all sizes, big and small. Their freelancers are scattered all across the world.
31. Multilingual Connections: strive to create connections that are language-based. They offer their wide range of services to companies from all over the world and almost every industry imaginable.
32. A & P Transcription: Always looking for qualified transcriptionists to add to their team. Appears that they do prefer experience.
33. AccuScribe Transcription: Hires experienced transcribers to work at home. Send resume and cover letter to apply.
34. Alice Darling Secretarial Services: Must type at least 75 wpm. Not always hiring, check career page for openings.
35. AlphaDog Transcription: They only hire experienced transcribers and they prefer if you’ve had experience in entertainment transcription. Additionally, you must reside in the Los Angeles area to qualify for work here although the position is home-based.
36. Allegis Communications: Hires occasionally for people to transcribe 100 pages per week. Pays weekly. Must have at least two years of transcription experience.
37. Babbletype: Sometimes has openings for work from home transcribers and QA editors. Check their jobs page for current openings.
38. Cambridge Transcription: Hires for legal and corporate transcription, experience required.
39. Cyber Dictate: Are currently looking for US based workers with experience in legal transcription.
40. Dictate Express: Legal transcription. Requires a minimum of two years experience.
41. eTranscription Solutions: Typing speed of no less than 80 wpm required. Experience needed, details on career page.
42. eScribers: This is a company that is frequently looking for remote legal transcribers. Experience needed. Weekly pay. Cannot accept workers in the state of Massachusetts.
43. Expedict: Hires only experienced audio transcriptionists. They receive a lot of applications so it may take a while to hear back if you apply.
44. eWord Solutions: Requires some experience. US candidates only. They send files five days per week. They don’t have employment info on their website, so you would need to use their contact form to inquire about jobs. You may earn around $.0050 per word (a rate one of my readers was offered), although this could possibly vary.
45. Fantastic Transcripts: Requires experience. Not currently hiring, but will keep your info on file.
46. Focus Forward: This company is often hiring (I see their ads on Craigslist a lot). Experience required, accepts both English and Spanish language transcriptionists.
47. Hollywood Transcription: This company may require experience though it is not stated as a requirement on the website. You must type at least 65 wpm.
48. Kelsey Transcripts: Must have experience in transcription and all necessary equipment, plus a transcription program on a newer model computer to be considered.
49. Landmark Associates: Must take test, and they prefer experience, although if you can pass their skills test you can possibly get in anyway.
50. Moravia: This company needs people to transcribe song lyrics. They prefer experience. Work is available for English speakers and speakers of other languages.
51. Net Transcripts: Lots of law enforcement based work, must pass background check for this work. Also hires for financial transcription.
52. On the Record Reporting and Transcription: Must live in or near Austin, TX area because you will be required to work in the office during training time.
53. OutSec: A UK based company that hires worldwide. Need at least two years of typing experience to be considered.
54. Multilingual Connections: This company hires for home-based transcription. Most likely you will need to be fluent in a language besides English to qualify for a job.
55. Preferred Transcriptions – Does medical, legal, and general transcription. One year experience required for general.
56. Production Transcripts: Must be experienced. Fill out online application. Hires sporadically.
57. Same Day Transcriptions: Professional transcribers only. Some federal work.
58. Say It Back: Entertainment transcription. Must have digital foot pedal and software.
59. Speak Write: Does both legal and general transcription. Work is on a contract basis and you must have experience.
60. Transcribeteam: Transcribeteam always looking for new workers to work from home. The pay is not bad, at about $.45 per audio minute. Once again you get paid through PayPal.
61. Take 1: Entertainment transcription. Appears to be a UK based company. Prefers experience.
62. BirchCreek Communication: This a is a good company to work for, as it allows beginners to work on projects that other companies may require selected experience for. They do a lot of corporate and legal transcription jobs, doing audio files for Social Security, Veterans Affairs, Immigration, as well as legal and corporate clients transcription. Compensation: The website indicates that for corporate and financial transcriptions, they pay by the audio minute, ranging from .40/audio min to 1.75/audio min.
63. 1-888-TYPE- IT- UP: As a beginner, you will probably find the best pay rate with 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP, which was formerly known as Verbal Fusion. This is one of the highest-paying transcription companies on the Internet. Their lowest rate starts at around $36 per audio hour. This is mainly for cases where their own clients only pay $1 per audio minute or $60 per audio hour. That said, their pay rate can go as high as $3 per audio minute or $180 per audio hour. The good news is that they hire outside of the US! If you are outside the United States and your country does not support PayPal, they can pay you via Payoneer or Western Union. The downside to it, there is a one-time, non-refundable entrance exam fee of $39.
64. Transcriptions ‘N’ Translations: You may be interested in working for Transcriptions ‘N’ Translations, which operates out of Miami. They tend to have big projects with companies like the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet. T’NT provides high quality transcription, translation, subtitling, and closed captioning services for a variety of industries. There is no information about the payment/salary structure. You would need submit your application online including a resume and they will be in touch with you.
65. American High-Tech Transcription and Reporting: Hires only U.S. citizens or legal U.S. residents. This website offers work with serious agencies. It provides translation and transcription work for governments, law enforcement, corporations, and other organizations, and deals with both work-at-home and on-site transcriptionists. To register you have to pass FBI and state criminal background checks, including fingerprints, which you have to pay for.
66. NRGCO (Neal R Gross): A Washington DC-based, it’s a court reporting and transcription company; Neal R. Gross & Co. has been around for over 35 years and according to their profile page on FLEXJOBS.COM, they do supports remote work and has hired freelance, telecommuting transcription jobs in the past with part-time or full-time scheduling flexibility. You can give them a try by applying online on their website or visit their page on flexjobs for any remote openings concerning transcription jobs.
67. TASK Transcription :General and legal transcription. Requires three years of experience.
68. Telly Transcriptions: Hiring general transcribers. Job description indicates they only want individuals with experience.
69. RNK Productions, LLC – 1st Choice Transcription: RNK does legal and entertainment work. You will be required to take a test of your transcription skills before being accepted. If you are interested, you can send your resume via email to them or sign up online.
70. Transcribe.com: General transcription, experience preferred. Hires only in the US and must be able to meet deadlines. They pay daily with Paypal.
71. Terescription : Does entertainment, business, legal, and education transcription. Requires experience.
72. Transcription Centre : They hire US and UK based transcribers with experience that are fluent in English. They specialize in focus groups and interviews for university and market research
73. Transcript Divas: Hires US based, native English speaking transcribers on occasion to work at home. Good rates.
74. Transcription Experts: US only for remote work. Minimum 2 years experience.
75. Transcription Outsourcing, LLC: Transcription Outsourcing, LLC is looking for committed and professional transcriptionists.
76. Voxtab: Requires experience. Hires freelance transcribers in many different countries, including the US.
77. We Scribe It : Must have at least six months experience in the last two years for general transcription.
78. Word Wizards: This company hires US based transcribers for various types of transcription, including audio and video.
79. Written Communications: Prefers at least three years experience. Hires in the US and Canada.
80. E-Typists: Qualified candidates should have a strong command of the English language and a minimum of three years’ legal transcription experience or experience working in a law office setting. Windows Vista, 7 or 8 higher operating system, Infinity wav foot pedal, headphones, and fast internet connection are all required.
81. Pioneer Transcription Services: Currently looking for Spanish to English transcriptionists, and typists who can do video files and insert on-screen timestamps. Candidates must already have an Infinity Foot Pedal and transcription software. Experience and a strong command of English are required.
82. Transcription Pro: The staff of Transcription Pro offers professional transcription and typing services that will help their customers achieve their business goals. Accuracy and professionalism are benchmarks that the company strives to maintain with every job they complete for their customers.
83. ADA Transcription: provides the quality and experience you would get from a large corporation as well as the personalized attention and focus on detail that you would expect from a small company. They work with students and professionals alike offering the same level of respect and professional service to both.
84. Ditto Scribe is geared specifically toward individuals and companies who offer podcasts on a regular basis. They work with each company in an attempt to provide the most accurate and professional service possible.
85. Eccellente Services offers a variety of language solutions on a local and global scale. They work round the clock, every day of the year to provide all of the necessary services.
86. Geneva Worldwide: With over 100 years of experience, the staff of Geneva Worldwide Inc. provides the highest quality of work at an affordable price. They offer global language solutions that will allow you to focus on driving your business forward.
87. Intelliscript Transcription: This company offers its services throughout the United States, Canada, and Australia. They focus their efforts on small to medium size companies and strive to provide the highest level of professionalism and accuracy possible.
88. iScribed: The staff of iScribed is fully client-oriented, offering language solutions to account for virtually every need. They offer affordable solutions that are customized to the needs and goals of the client.
89. Lamalle Media Services: Based out of New York City, Lamalle Media offers several language solutions for clients in almost every industry. From audio to text files, they offer their clients the most accurate and reliable services possible on a global level.
90. Napean India Outsourcing: At Napean India Outsourcing, technology meets experience to provide clients with the highest percentage of accuracy and professionalism possible. With transcribers who are fluent in over 20 languages, each client can rest assured all of their needs are met with every project they complete.
91. Multilingual Connections: Multilingual Connections strive to create connections that are language-based. They offer their wide range of services to companies from all over the world and almost every industry imaginable.
92. TranscriptionStar makes it easy to achieve your goals by streamlining the entire process. Their team works around the clock to make sure that every document/file is transcribed with the highest percentage of accuracy possible and at a much lower price than many larger transcription companies.
93. Transcription Vendors: At Transcription Vendors, only the highest qualified transcriptionists are hired to provide the best possible services to each client. Each transcriptionist must pass through a rigorous screening process and be committed to providing the most accurate work possible with each project they take.
94. Athreon: Their transcriptionists process work for a wide variety of clients in a variety of industries including medical facilities, legal firms, and insurance companies. You are paid based on the amount of lines you type, including lines produced with word expanders. You’ll have access to the line counts at the end of each report. You can visit the Jobs section for work at home opportunities. You get paid weekly via PayPal.
Experienced: Legal and Medical Transcription
Note that you will need training before you can land a job as a medical transcriber. CareerStep is one the most reputable online schools you can use for the training you need to get certified. I also recommend you take this Free Legal Transcription Mini-Course.
95. 360 Transcription: Regularly looking for proficient medical transcribers. They appear to consider CareerStep graduates.
96. Absolute Transcription: US only. Must have 3 years experience & be able to pass test.
97. Acusis : This Company offers full and part-time employment. Requires at least three years of past transcription experience. Job description says they provide competitive compensation.
98. Amphion Medical Solutions: At least two years’ hospital inpatient experience transcribing the “Basic Four” or at least two years’ clinic experience transcribing all specialties (>4 specialties) in addition to any formal training.
99. Eight Crossings: Eight Crossings welcomes inquiries from Medical Transcriptionists with a minimum of two years experience transcribing multi-specialty medical reports. Graduates from approved transcription training programs may also be considered.
100. GMR Transcription: This company does medical as well as other types of transcription. You can get in with no experience but you have to pass a test. Hiring from US & Canada only.
101. Keystrokes Transcription: Has several medical transcription jobs listed that appear to be remote. The listings do specifically say no new grads accepted and that you must have at least 3 years of past experience.
102. M Modal: Regularly hiring home-based medical transcribers. Must have either one year of past experience or be a recent graduate of an AHDI medical transcription program.
103. NJPR: You must view their employment page for details about current open positions.
104. Northeast Transcription: This company is accepting applications from new (within the past 6 months) graduates of formal medical transcription schools, with or without on-the-job experience. However, in general, they have quite an impressive reputation.
105. Way With Words: This transcription company not as popular like the other transcription sites like Speechpad, TranscribeMe and Rev. This site has been around since 2001 and offers tasks in legal, entertainment, medical, market research and more industries. The site pays between $33 and $57 for every hour of audio. If you pass their qualification test, they require you to complete at least one hour of audio daily. They will pay for all work done per month through direct deposit, which comes off as a challenge to most freelancers working outside of the country for the company.
SEE RECOMMENDATION: Transcribe Anywhere Home Page
106: MD to MD, LLC: MD to MD offers the highest quality of medical transcription services available to professionals who work within the industry. From universities to medical facilities of all types, the professional staff of MD to MD strive to offer the highest level of quality and accuracy for every client they serve.
107. Robin Healthcare: The staff of Robin Healthcare takes transcribing your documents seriously so you can keep your mind on the more important aspects of your job. By outsourcing your transcription needs, you reduce errors that sometimes occur through multitasking.
108. World Wide Dictation: At World Wide Dictation, services are available 24 hours a day, every day of the week. As a global company, every job is performed to global standards that include high accuracy percentage and a strong commitment to excellence.
109. Nuance Transcription – Minimum of one year of acute-care experience to include histories & physicals, operative notes, consults and discharge summaries, as well as other report types
110. Penrad Imaging – Occasionally has medical transcription opening requiring 6-12 months prior experience. Colorado only, onsite training required.
111. Perfect Transcription – They require at least 3 years experience in medical transcription and at least 2 years experience in a given specialty.
112. Phoenix Medcom, Inc. – They require a minimum of 3 years experience for Acute Care work, and 2 years experience transcribing for a specialty practice, clinic, surgery center, etc. Production environment experience essential.
113. Precision Transcription – Hires work from home medical transcribers to work as independent contractors. Must have at least 3 yrs experience in acute care.
114. Precyse – Require 3 years experience. Full-time work available.
115. Preferred Transcriptions – A minimum of two year’s experience in a hospital or clinical setting, or with another medical transcription service.
116. Same Day Transcriptions – They hire for medical, business, and general transcription. Fill out form online to apply.
117. SoftScript – Must have three to five years medical transcription experience depending on the particular transcription job you choose (they have several choices). Attractive benefits package. Only hires people residing in the U.S.
118. SpectraMedi – Hires experienced medical transcribers to work at home.
119. StenoMed – Looking for transcriptionists who have an in-depth understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, procedures, and treatment.
120. StenTel – US only. Requires past experience or you must be graduated from an AHDI-approved program to apply for these openings.
121. Superior Transcribing Service, LLC – They prefer someone who can give at least two years of experience transcribing multi-specialty medical reports or a graduate of a Medical Transcription Program.
122. Terra Nova – A minimum of five years transcription experience covering many specialties is required.
123. Transdyne – Looking for people with 2 + years of experience in general medical record transcription within a hospital / medical records department or a multi-specialty clinic.
125. Verilogue – Hires for freelance medical transcription and translation. Requires experience and typically fluency in a foreign language.
126. Word ZXpressed – Openings not always listed. You can check MTJobs.com for their listings when they are hiring.
Transcription companies: Captioning Jobs: Work from home
127. AI Media: This company hires freelancers to work on captioning movies, TV shows, YouTube videos, and more. Newbies welcome. However, pay rate is on the low side.
128. Caption Max: Hires work from home captioners on occasion. You may possibly need to be located in or near Minneapolis, MN.
128. Rev Captions: This company regularly hires captioners to work from home.
129. Caption First offers captioning services for a variety of platforms including webinars, conferences, and broadcasts. Their real-time services are designed to help those who are hard of hearing, deaf, or non-English speakers who want to understand what is being said.
130. Vitac: Occasionally has openings for real time remote captioners. Experience is required.
If you like the freedom of working from home, and can accept the responsibility of meeting some deadlines, then transcription may be the job for you. Provided you complete the work as required, have proper time management and make your time schedule effectively.
Transcription job is one of the most flexible online jobs that offers fair compensation, can be done at home, is very convenient, manageable and is growing in demand. Some people report earnings as much as $25 per hour as a freelance transcriptionist.
Additional work from home information:
- The Complete Work For Yourself Course Bundle
- How to make money writing essays
- Data Entry work Online Jobs
- Work From Home As A Travel Agent Complete Guide: Make Money
- Become A Successful Freelancer Making Money
- Virtual Assistant Work From Home Jobs
- Top #1 site to learn How tO Make Money Online
- Paid Surveys At Home
- Get Paid For Your Opinion; Real Survey Jobs